Friday, July 23, 2010

Triathlon 2010


Due to peer pressure, I began training for a Triathlon about 3 months ago. I like to keep in good shape but I haven't trained for anything since the 5K in high school. I began by moving my workouts from the gym to outside. Luckily, the weather here in ND is perfect for morning exercise; a little humidity and not much heat.

here is my little trainer

and me coming in for the final run!

Since I did most of my training either pushing a stroller or pulling a trailer, I did fairly well when it came to the final event, which consisted of a 400 meter swim, 12 mile bike and 5 kilometer run. I accomplished my goal which was to complete it without stopping.

The group of ladies at the top are all moms in my ward. We encouraged each other and talked up the race so much that others wanted to join too!

No comments: