Monday, December 29, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Ally in her Christmas dress, which no-one got to see.
This week, Ally got her shots and Josh got the flu, so between her fussing and Josh deciding if he needed to throw up, we were late to church on Sunday. I just sat out in the hall and then set up my Sharing Time in the Primary room. I had a sharing time all prepared with activities and visuals on the board. I even had two nice young men from another ward playing Christmas carols on their cellos. (they were actually just practicing before they played for their ward, but I invited them to provide my prelude music for Primary) I waited and waited but no children came in to the room. Finally someone informed me that the remaining meetings had been cancelled! By the time I put away my materials, most people had already left the church. I still have a whole stack of Christmas cards that will probably not get delivered. To top off my frustrating day, my vehicle decided not to start due to the cold weather.
Today has been better. Josh let me open my present even though my birthday isn't until tomorrow, so all day I have been playing with my new toy. So far I have canned chicken and potatos to add to our food storage. I think it will come in handy while Josh is gone, so I don't have to cook as often for only myself (10 days until departure). I am also looking at buying a new vehicle (yay!).
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
2.Diamonds or pearls? diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? twilight
4. What is your favorite TV show? smallville, but only the first 3 seasons, or Alias, also the first 3 seasons
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? chocolate-chip pancakes or eggs
6. What is your middle name? Carol
7. What food do you dislike? mushrooms :(
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? They Might Be Elders (mormon parodies of popular songs, look it up at DeseretBook.com or listen at http://www.halestormentertainment.com/p_music_details.asp?sID=jnlofpn4
9. What kind of car do you drive? Toyota 4Runner
10. Favorite sandwich? toasted turkey and pepper jack
11. What characteristic do you despise? closed-mindedness
12. Favorite item of clothing? fuzzy boots
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Australia
14. Where would you retire to? somewhere in the Western US, not too close to family, on a chunk of land that still has all 4 seasons and not much wind
15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? 22, took Josh snowboarding and he broke his knee
16. Furthest place you are sending this questionnaire? Afghanistan
17. Person you expect to complete it first? who knows?
18. When is your birthday? December, same day as Joseph Smith
19. Morning person or a night person? morning
20. What is your shoe size? currently 7.5, I'm hoping it goes back down to 6.5 so I can wear all my pre-pregnancy shoes
21. Pets? 2 dogs
22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? my husband has a new job and he loves it!
23. What did you want to be when you were little? a bird
24. How are you today? motivated to get Christmas decorations up
25. What is your favorite flower? hyacinth
26. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? May 15, Josh graduates from FLETC and comes home
27. What are you listening to right now? my freezer humming
28. What was the last thing you ate? scones with creme fraiche and strawberry jam (mmm...)
29. Do you wish on stars? I used to wish for gumballs when I was little, I never got any...
30. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? sky blue
31. How is the weather right now? looks cloudy
32. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Amanda!
33. Favorite soft drink? root beer, after it sits open for a few hours
34. Favorite restaurant? Macaroni Grill
35. Hair color? blond/brown
36. What was your favorite toy as a child? bike/rollerblades
37. Summer or winter? summer, no winter, no summer, ummm
38. Chocolate or Vanilla? vanilla ice cream, chocolate everything else
39. Coffee or tea? gross!
40. Do you want your friends to complete this? of course
41. When was the last time you cried? when Ally got diaper rash
42. What is under your bed? storage tubs and a fire-proof safe
43. What did you do last night? slept intermittently, fed the baby, slept intermittently
44. What are you afraid of? tripping and falling down the stairs while holding Ally
45. Salty or sweet? both together
46. How many keys on your key ring? 1
47. How many years at your current job? Mom: 2 months, my previous job doesn't seem to matter anymore
48. Favorite day of the week? it used to be Friday, now they all seem the same
49. Do you make friends easily? yes
50. How many people will read this? probably 10
51. How many will respond? probably 2
52. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? yes
Josh holding Ally, wearing his uniform for the last time, Yay!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Here are some of my favorite things:
MRE's (these have really improved since I remember eating them years ago)
water filtration bottles (it's a water bottle with a filter built in)
extra tiny blankets
Technology has really come up with some nice things. We are now debating buying an emergency generator. A family in our ward was without heat during this last storm which would be horrible. Also we have a large freezer full of food that would be wasted without power to keep it cold.
Friday, November 7, 2008
This is my neighbor's house. Behind that large drift is their front door.
It has been almost exactly 6 months since our last snow day, in May. I have to say that snow days are not quite as exciting since I don't go to work or school any more. I don't think we even got that much snow but the strong winds just piled it up together. Gotta love that SD weather!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
lounging after a bath
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Here is our little family. Josh is the cutest dad ever.
Here is Allison. She mostly eats, sleeps, and yawns (as pictured)
I was a little surprised, since I was technically due to deliver on the 16th, but I am definitely not arguing with her arrival. My water broke at 2:30 AM Tuesday and she was born at 8:30 AM. 8lbs 1oz 20.5 inches
She is my new favorite person in the world. More updates to follow...
Monday, September 29, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
My handsome man =)
Josh all dressed up in his blues. He won an ACC safety award of distinction for saving a jet and pilots from a faulty ejection seat handle. I am very proud of my military man!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Allison waving Hi!
Finally, here is the baby belly. I am just beginning to get to the uncomfortable stage, but I'm hoping for a few more weeks to get my house in order before she decides to make an appearance.
First and foremost, I am due to have a baby girl in about 3 weeks. Josh picked the name Allison and I love it.
I recently had a very PINK baby shower with lots of fun people and games. Thanks to everyone who came and for all the nice gifts!
Lindsey (my neighbor) and her little girl Aliza
my good friend Raxsel made lots of yummy food
and I got so many cute little girl things!