Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Where are you from?

this is a question I have been asked my whole life, yet I still have no good answer. I get all flustered and try to pick something based on the day I'm having. The reason is that for me, there are many possible responses to this question depending on the meaning:

Where I was born... Maryland
Where I graduated from High School... Japan
Where my parents grew up... Utah
Where we just moved from... South Dakota
Where we live now... North Dakota
Where I lived the longest... England
Where I want to live...Washington or Colorado
Where I met my husband... Japan
Where I went to college... Utah & SD
My favorite place... Japan
My earliest memories... Germany
My state of residence until I turned 18... New Jersey

do you see why I'm confused????

3 comments:

The Pearce People said...

I feel the same way. The short story I say SD since I graduated high school there.

Anna and Dusty said...

What ever you do, don't tell people you're from North Dakota.... LOL

Shalon said...

Just start telling people, "Heaven." Might spark some good discussion! Wherever you're from, it's fun having you here :)