Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Super Saturday

I am in charge of the activities for Relief Society for my ward. If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here. We usually have one big event that takes up most of the day on a Saturday (hence the name). It involves classes, food, and projects. (some people would say crafts but I'm not very crafty so I call them projects). I had a great group of people who helped with the decorating (since I have not been blessed with any artistic sense) and the setup, and the food.

The project that I was in charge of (as well as everything else!) was a can rotator. Here are some of the MANY pieces that J and I cut in preparation for the day:

shelves,

legs,

and edges

In hindsight, I should have limited the number of crafts people were able to sign up for, since this particular one took at least 20 minutes to complete (and I had supplies to make 35 of them). We offered a variety of other useful and cute projects but honestly my time and energy were focused purely on this table. Next time (if there is a next time...) I will do some things differently, but mostly I think the day was a success!

1 comment:

Steven and Chelsea said...

It was awesome and I heard lots of good comments!