Friday, July 6, 2012

grow up!

Since Josh is deployed, people keep asking me if I plan to go 'home' while he is gone. My answer: I am home. I am an adult and can think of nothing worse than living with my parents for 6 months! I moved out when I was 17 and ready to start my own life, I see no need for regression. Plus, the place where my parents retired (after almost 20 years overseas) is not my home. I have lived in Germany (3 years as a child and almost 1 as an adult) longer than Utah. I have made a life for myself here. I have a house, a garden, friends, neighbors, and obligations. It would be ridiculous (and very difficult) to find someone to replace me for an extended period of time. I feel that I am supporting my husband's career choice by living where we are stationed, whether he is here or not. I have no problem with people visiting me though (I do live in the middle of Europe after all!) so feel free to plan a trip my way.

3 comments:

Sarah Moran said...

I love this! It's exactly how I've felt when Jared has been deployed. I am home - wherever our family is stationed together is home.

Ms. Boedee said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Home is where you are stationed. :). Sure love you!

Mary said...

Well said Amy!! It looks like you are having so much fun in Germany. Love and miss your sweet family!