Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yay for Yard Sales!

Friday and Saturday were the days of the annual Dakota Ridge yard sale. My good friend Heather =) offered her garage for me to sell some of my furniture before we move (in one month!!!) So I recruited some men (thanks men!) and loaded 2 TRUCKLOADS of things to sell. Now my house is empty and I have an extra $500 to play with, Yay! I only had 2 things to bring back home, even with Juli trying to sell them to every person who walked or drove past the driveway. Seriously she was taking things to people in their cars and pitching sales. Thanks Juli! p.s. do you want my credenza...?
On a sad note, my friend Sarah who has been here with me for 5 years, is moving tomorrow. She has been my gym buddy, my visiting teaching partner, my travel companion, my friend and my person I call when I need to talk. Thanks Sarah for all the good times and good luck in Colorado!
Happier topic: on Thursday I leave for Florida, my husband and my cruise! I can't wait for him to see Ally and how much she has grown since he left. I am so excited to go on an actual vacation and also to not be a single parent any more! Although, Josh coming home means that the countdown begins until we move and it makes me sad to think of all the good friends we will be leaving.
We have decided to move ourselves so I have been packing and cleaning all week. Ally is not much help. So many things to do!

3 comments:

Juli said...

I had fun trying to sell your stuff. We don't want your credenza. I think it is too big. Let us know if you need help with moving.

Lani said...

Yay for DITY moves! Not yay for you guys moving already though! Thanks for the dresser. Andrew is very excited for it.

wendy said...

I love that Mother of All garage sales! Yippee for $500!

I'm going to have to catch up to find out where you are off to now...