Thursday, June 14, 2012

I love my garden!!!

When I moved into my new house, I asked the landlord if I could build a garden:

I picked a spot and J tilled it for me (I was very pregnant at the time).  The day I delivered Nicole, I decided it was time to rake out the grass and break up the clumps of dirt.  Hence her delivery at 39 weeks ;) I fenced it in so nobody but me can access my 'plant coop'.  I even have a bird net over the top.

I also have some fruit trees in the backyard that I am excited about.  Here are some pears, just starting to show.  

 My little herb garden.  I have basil and cilantro (pictured), dill, oregano, rosemary, chives, parsley, and mint.  Conveniently located right outside my front door.  I love having fresh herbs on hand for cooking.

 My first pea pods!

 Zucchini plant growing nicely.

 corn as viewed from above

 My little tomato plants which started as seeds in the windowsill.  

I am so proud of my little plants.  I check on their progress every day and I love my garden!

3 comments:

The Pearce People said...

Your garden is so awesome!! You are super mom with everything you have been doing!

Charlotte Tree Service said...

Your Zucchini is coming along very nicely :) Good thing you put up that fence, otherwise who knows what the night time critters would be up to...

God bless, and happy gardening!

-Tony Salmeron
Tree Removal Charlotte

Katy said...

Keep it up, Amy! I’m glad you’re having fun with gardening. It could take a lot of patience but it’s rewarding in the end. I have an herb garden too. I practice container gardening so I can move my herbs whenever I need to. Doing that also helps landscaping much easier.

Katy Eagles