Monday, September 29, 2008

School is in session...


The weather is cooling, the leaves are changing colors, and I am NOT in school. I realized today that for the first time in years, I am not attending/working at a school. I honestly believe that I have been in school for the past 18 years of my life. How strange it is to not worry about homework or lesson plans or even getting up at the same time every day.

Josh tells me I deserve a break because for the past 3 years I was teaching early-morning seminary, which was a wonderful experience, but I don't know how I got the sleep I needed. Add student teaching on top of being pregnant, and this has been a long year. I can't believe I have been pregnant since January! And it is almost over. My doctor said I am dilated 2 centimeters, which means almost nothing in the long run, but I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel! We still have some things to move and finish (like her crib) but I am almost ready to be a parent. In a few years I will be getting little Allison ready for school and then fall will once again mean something. For now I am enjoying sleeping in and not following a regular schedule, for the first time in my life.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Amy! How fun to be able to finally rest and take it easy for awhile. Enjoy it while you have a few days left to yourself. ;) I can't wait to meet your little bundle of joy. Keep us posted! :)

Tera said...

Welcome to the blog world!! What an exciting time for you!! Enjoy sleeping in because I am not sure your little one will allow that kind of craziness!! I can't wait to meet your little one! Keep us posted.

Mary and Adam said...

I had to come to that same realization! It's so weird to be out of school all of a sudden...yet nice!