Wednesday, January 14, 2009

single motherhood: week 2

Having been through multiple deployments, TDY's etc., I thought I was prepared for yet another separation from my husband. I am sad, not for myself, but for him, knowing that he is missing Ally. I guess training keeps him busy during the day, but each night he calls and asks how "his girls" are doing and it breaks my heart. He is so worried that Ally won't even remember him.
From my end, I can't complain. I have a happy, healthy girl who sleeps through the night and takes multiple naps during the day. I have time to do everything I need to do, maybe too much time. Transitioning from full-time working student to full-time mom has been an adjustment, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

My main difficulties being alone include:
recovering my trash can after Sunday night's windstorm
carrying all my Primary stuff, diaper bag, coat, carseat, baby and blanket to church from the car
not going over on my cell phone minutes


Ally wearing jeans


3 comments:

wendy said...

Poor guy! How sweet is that! I hope the time apart goes quickly!

Ally looks so cute in jeans!

Amanda said...

That is sad having Daddy gone! :( Let me know if I can do anything at all. Seriously! Even if it is meeting you in the parking lot at church to help you get all your stuff inside.

Ally is getting so big already. I love those little seats. They didn't have those when my kids were little. I'm sure they would have loved them!

Mary Peterson said...

I hate picking up all of the trash that blows around on garbage day! Yuck!
Ally is a cutie!