Monday, December 29, 2008

The joys of a new baby...

Josh and I made a gingerbread house this year. The windows are melted gummy bears that worked out quite nicely, except the foil from the baking sheet stuck to the insides.

Ally in her favorite Christmas present. She really likes looking out at the world so the Bumbo chair is perfect. It came with a LARGE warning label not to put it on high surfaces in case the baby could tip it over and fall off. Sad that some people put their babies in danger so they need a specific label warning against it.


I love dressing her in little people clothes! Speaking of Ally, yesterday at church she threw up all over me during sacrament meeting. Apparently I left a trail as I rushed her out to the bathroom. One of the wonderful women in the ward (Mary H.) came and helped me clean her up. It was definitely a 2-person job. Luckily I had a backup outfit, but my poor baby had to wear little blue pants and a onesie for the rest of church. I, unfortunately, did not have a backup outfit for myself, so I just smelled funny for the rest of church. One of those things about being a mother that I never thought would be fun, but the day after I can laugh about it. It did make me realise that I will be dependent on other people to help while Josh is gone.


2 comments:

Mary Peterson said...

What a good idea melting gummy bears for windows!
Those bumbo chairs look awesome! Every body swears by them, I guess I'll have to get one too! They didn't have them around last time I had a baby. (I sound so old!)
Allison looked so cute on Sunday, despite being in back up clothes. Thanks for letting me hold her. She is just adorable and you always dress her cute! Happy New Year!

wendy said...

Your gingerbread house is adorable. Ours was a little too tempting for our resident ants....

She looks so cute in her sweater and jeans!