Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our trip to Florida!

Ally and I visited Josh last week and did lots of fun things. I can't remember the last time I went on an actual vacation, not just visiting family. We stayed in Jacksonville at a Hyatt (nice!). We ordered room service and went for walks on the riverfront. We took Ally to the zoo and the beach (really I was the one who wanted to go). Here is her first experience with a gorilla.


Unfortunately she slept through the beach trip...


Proof that nice weather exists

Josh with his baby girl. He held her all weekend and was very sad when we left.


Ally cutting her first 2 teeth. She bites anything she can bring in contact with her mouth.
All in all, it was a really fun trip. I was a little worried about flying with a 4-month old, but she was wonderful on the planes and in the airports. By the end of each flight she had charmed all of the people sitting close to us. I even got my checked-bag fee waived because she smiled at the guy behind the counter!





3 comments:

Juli said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip! The weather looked really nice, I wish it was warmer here.

Tera said...

What a fun trip. Isn't having kids great?? When we would visit Shaun's grandma in Florida people would buy our kids toys, it was great! Who ever said it doesn't pay to have kids, never had a cute one to get free stuff!! Glad your back!

Mary Peterson said...

I'm glad that you had a nice trip! Allison is so cute! I can see why everyone was so taken with her.