Wednesday, July 15, 2009

People Eating Tasty Animals

Ok this blog isn't about eating animals, I just saw that on a bumper sticker and thought it was worth repeating (sorry to any animal rights activists I may offend).
Ally and I took a last-minute trip to Minneapolis this weekend, tagging along with Josh on his first TDY. The drive was uneventful but the weekend was awesome! We went to the zoo;

Ally pet a goat

and LOVED the prairie dogs (one of her favorite words is "dog" so she had fun yelling that at the little furry guys who would stand up and chitter).

*One of my major pet peeves is when parents deliberately teach their children incorrect things. If an animal is in a cage with a large sign identifying it, don't call it something else! I seriously watched a mom tell her older children to look at the 8 foot tall "duck" in the ostrich cage. Ok it's one thing to call a bison "buffalo" but everything with antlers is not a deer!
We of course also went to the Mall of America, which is HUGE!
This is the middle of the mall, I think I counted 4 roller coasters as well as lots of other cool rides. All the stores (4 floors) surround this central area. It took me about half an hour to walk around each floor, so we spent a good part of the day inside the mall.
MMM Cinnabon. My first job was actually at a Cinnabon. Funny story, I was "let go" because I had an "unacceptable rolling technique" which means I rolled them counter-clockwise instead of clockwise. I still eat them though.
It was nice to get away, I feel somewhat secluded here now that I can't drive out to visit family in one day anymore. I am slowly finding my place here in the ward and on base. The base here actually has some really great programs and facilities that I intend to take advantage of.









5 comments:

John Hatch said...

I like the pictures! At first I thought that the cinnamon bun was a snake. I miss you.

J. Miyoshi Zuehl said...

Yeah, we knew Steve was here. We're in the same ward and went over to
their place for dinner one of the first Sundays after we got here. I
met Josh and Steve's mom yesterday, too! she seems very sweet.
Did you ever teach BoM in seminary? I have my stuff from BYU that I
think I'll go through and I'm sure the manual will have plenty but
I've gotta figure out how to make this interesting. Email me if you have any ideas! I tried emailing you but it bounced.

Juli said...

I love the Mall of America. We used to live a couple of hours from there so we went a few times. Ally is so cute.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anna and Dusty said...

Amy you found me, YAY! Your blog is too cute.