Sunday, September 13, 2009

Two looong trips



We traveled to Utah twice this month.


The first trip was planned in advance, for my little brother's wedding. He is now married to a wonderful sweet girl that is adjusting to being a Rollins (it's difficult, we are weird). We flew out for a weekend, attended the wedding, visited in-laws, and somehow also drove up to Boise for a day. First class on the way home, plus another adult to help with Ally made for a nice, if fast, trip. (my 5th trip since Ally was born, my 1st with Josh around)
Us at the temple

The next trip was less than 2 weeks after the first due to my grandfather's passing. He was 88 years old and just beginning to consider moving in with one of his children to be looked after. Since my grandmother preceeded him in death almost four years ago, it was not completely unexpected, but still sad. We drove the almost 20-hour trip in two days, mostly at night for Ally's benefit.




Here we are at a Splash Park in Utah (note the mountains in the background).

My yard in ND (pre-fence)


My yard (half of a fence). And still deer...


The day we left for Utah (the second time), we finished installing the fence to keep our dogs in and the deer out. I have to brag that I did 90% of the fence post installation while Josh was at work, although I needed help with the stretching.

I have been attempting to find my niche since we moved here in June. I feel that I am making progress with the neighbors and people in the ward, as well as other moms at the awesome playland and family area at the gym on base. I finally realised what I had been missing when a mom mentioned to me that her daughter needed a coach for her soccer team.

Ever since graduating from high school I have been coaching soccer, I even ran a program through the Youth Center at my last base for 3-5 year olds teaching the basics. Naturally I jumped at the chance and am now joyfully coaching a 4-year-old team. I love interacting with children and I love sports so a combination of the two is exactly what I needed to feel involved.








3 comments:

Anna and Dusty said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa, please let me know if we can do anything for you.

How exciting about soccer, Dusty LOVES soccer and Samantha already has a bright pink ball! I wish she could join your team.

Gailey Family said...

You are just a wonder woman...first shelving systems and now fencing. Careful they'll put you in as Enrichment Leader! I can hardly believe how big Ally is getting...love the family pic! Sorry to hear about your grandfather...always hard no matter the age, you & your family are in my thoughts. Miss you!!

wendy said...

I want to go to Utah! Maybe later this year we'll make it out there.

Moving is hard. I feel like I finally start making real friends and then it's time to go again...

I love your pet deer!