Monday, October 4, 2010

singing child

Just in case anyone missed this on facebook:

We live on a military base, which has a flag display by the gate. I explained to Ally about the United States of America and how each one has its own flag. I then started singing (because that's what I do in the car). I sang the national anthem and also the Pledge, which I learned working in a Preschool. Ally calls it the "flag song" and started requesting me to sing it every time we passed the flags. After a few times, she started singing it herself.

Along that patriotic note, the National Anthem is played daily through speakers all across the base. At 5PM if we are outside she will stand with her little hand over her heart until the music stops. I love it!

1 comment:

Anna and Dusty said...

She is so smart!! I love Ally!