Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do you do it?

Some days I wonder how anyone has more than two children.  I have really been struggling with morning (all day and night) sickness, to the point that I am dehydrated, exhausted, and honestly becoming a very bad mom to my toddler.  She has probably spent more time in front of the TV/Xoom in the past few weeks than in the rest of her life combined.  I feel so guilty dismissing my little girl so that I can attempt to take care of myself.  I know she is missing all the quality time we used to spend together.  Not to mention my poor husband who is suffering from a serious lack of home cooking.
I literally throw up everything!  I will find something that settles in my stomach one day, only to have it come right back up the next.  I have tried every suggestion of morning sickness remedies, sucking on candies, drinking ginger tea, eating soda crackers before getting out of bed, etc.  Nothing works for me.  Am I just overwhelmed with moving, etc?  I don't remember being this sick with my first pregnancy.
Some days I ignore my nausea and try to go about a normal day, only to collapse the minute my husband walks in the door and sleep until the next morning.  I suppose it doesn't help that I live in a foreign country, far away from anyone I know, and without the support of friends or family.
I am counting down the days until my second trimester arrives, hopefully bringing with it a reprieve of all the vomiting!  I have my first OB appointment tomorrow, so we'll see if I am sick enough to require medical help.

2 comments:

Pierson family said...

I am really sorry things are so hard for you. I wish I was there to help. Just remember 3 months will not scar Ally. Keep yourself and that little baby healthy.

Lani said...

During my first trimester, I feel a lot worse when there are other stressors. Just getting a little 'off' on my sleep or eat routine would make a HUGE difference in how I felt, and I didn't move half-way around the world!

And I second the opinion that a few weeks (or months) of extra TV, and less of your attention, will not harm Ally. Take it easy, and I hope you feel better sooner than later!