Monday, October 3, 2011

A little bit of positive

I feel like my last few posts have been downers, so here are some positive thoughts.

Thanks to Zofran, I am back on track with my life.  I now feel (mostly) normal and am able to function as a person.  I have caught up on housework, unpacked most of the boxes, and am starting to gain (instead of lose) weight thanks to eating food!  I am back to baking and cooking meals, which pleases my family as well. I was really against taking medication while pregnant, but my doctor advised it so that I can be healthy and hydrated.  I feel so much better!  I have not thrown up for three days now and I don't miss it at all!

I wake up every day and just remember how cool it is that I live in Germany.  The scenery is gorgeous, my neighbors are friendly, and everything is fun to explore.  Ally and I go for walks to explore our fun village and she is constantly fascinated by the amount of nature.  She fills her hands with acorns, flowers, rocks, chestnuts, apples, leaves, caterpillars, snails, etc. and loves it.  We have a playground right across the street, but she spends more time observing and touching than she does playing.  I took my first touristy trip on the train to Trier, which is the oldest city in Germany, and saw some fun old ruins.

My house has a HUGE back yard.  We have a built-in grill and patio on the main level, landscaping and a garden plot on the second level, and a grassy yard with an apple tree, plum tree, and blackberries on the third.  We also have a gate connecting us to the next-door neighbors, who are our age with a 2-year-old girl.

I got my car!  I now have transportation to get me where I want to go.  That, plus feeling good enough to go out, means playdates and other social opportunites for me to make new friends.  We have enjoyed exploring the stores and trying German food.

Last thing on my list is getting internet hooked up at my house, which will hopefully happen today or tomorrow.  Be prepared for some pictures once my connection speed is up to it!

1 comment:

The Pearce People said...

I am SO glad you are feeling better. I don't know what women did before Zofran! I am also jealous of your fun Germany adventures :)