Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas time!

Ally has started smiling! She loves the Christmas tree and turns her head to look at it even when I am trying to rock her to sleep!
Toby getting into the Christmas spirit.

My tree. I made the tree skirt last year because I could not find a blue one with snowflakes.
When I was younger, I was always slightly embarrassed by my family's Christmas tree. My friends' trees were always tastefully decorated with coordinating ornaments and an overall theme, like the ones in stores. Mine at home was completely covered with a random assortment of mismatched remnants of ornament sets and child-made crafts. Each ornament was special, but as a whole, the effect was not so pretty. Now that I have my own tree, I have a mix between the two. I decorated mostly in one theme, but added random ornaments, such as baby's first Christmas, some japanese and german ornaments, like the pickle. I'm sure some day it will be covered with memories just like my parent's tree.


5 comments:

Ms. Boedee said...

It looks beautiful!! :)

Juli said...

I like your tree. We still haven't gotten on yet. We have a lot of mismatched ornaments we've collected.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas..almost! I love your tree...all the ornaments! I think the memories are special. I heard an idea of a "memory" tree with all those special ornaments.
ANyway, you're cute and so is your little angel. She's getting big already! Funny how NOTHING is the same, immediately after haivng a baby. And nothing really matters anymore...but her! Love you guys.
ANd thanks for the good christmas idea!

Mary Peterson said...

We have a similar tree, but with no theme at all except for mostly homemade through years. My mom gave me all of the old ornaments that we have made since I was a kid. Personally I like it. I think it deffinently has personality.

Cute tree skirt!

Lani said...

We have always had the "memory" ornaments, and I got to bring mine with me when I got married, so we started out with enough for the small tree that we had in the beginning. I did buy some snowflakes to help fill up the spaces on the first year that we had a full-size tree. And Eden and Andrew are starting their own collections. Ally is adorable! It is so neat when they start smiling.