Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!



My new pressure cooker/canner. I am so excited to can food!

Ally in her Christmas dress, which no-one got to see.
This week, Ally got her shots and Josh got the flu, so between her fussing and Josh deciding if he needed to throw up, we were late to church on Sunday. I just sat out in the hall and then set up my Sharing Time in the Primary room. I had a sharing time all prepared with activities and visuals on the board. I even had two nice young men from another ward playing Christmas carols on their cellos. (they were actually just practicing before they played for their ward, but I invited them to provide my prelude music for Primary) I waited and waited but no children came in to the room. Finally someone informed me that the remaining meetings had been cancelled! By the time I put away my materials, most people had already left the church. I still have a whole stack of Christmas cards that will probably not get delivered. To top off my frustrating day, my vehicle decided not to start due to the cold weather.

Today has been better. Josh let me open my present even though my birthday isn't until tomorrow, so all day I have been playing with my new toy. So far I have canned chicken and potatos to add to our food storage. I think it will come in handy while Josh is gone, so I don't have to cook as often for only myself (10 days until departure). I am also looking at buying a new vehicle (yay!).








4 comments:

Mary and Adam said...

Happy Birthday!!! I too was so upset that they cancelled our meetings yesterday!!! BOOOO Oh well..who am I to complain, I guess. Ally looks adorable in her Christmas dress!

Mary Peterson said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I was a little confused why they cancelled the rest of church too! I had a lesson all planned for primary too and treats for the kids. Thankfully I was able to catch them all before they left for home. We have missed so much church already. So do I have sharing time next week or does the primary presidency? I'm a little confused. I don't mind if I don't have to do it.

Juli said...

Allison looks so cute in her dress! Happy Birthday, looks like you are enjoying your present.

Lani said...

Ally is adorable in her Christmas dress! Way to go on your canning, I've only ever made freezer-jam. Scott canned some applesauce this fall.